Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Resurrection

Part of the reason I started this blog is to ensure that I am continually trying to improve and expand my photographic horizons. I needed something to kick my ass into gear so that I don't slack off, much like I did for a few months prior to this blog.

It's easy to get lazy during the winter months here. Massachusetts doesn't offer anything particularly special to photograph in the cold. I find myself having to set up shots more and more often than simply going out and looking for something to photograph. Don't get me wrong, setting up shots is a huge part of photography, I know....sometimes I might be lazy though...Maybe.

Anyhow, I hadn't done much macro work lately so I figured I'd blow off the dust on the ol' 100mm and go to town. I found some dried up flowers I gave to my wife back when we were in college and composed them on top of a mirror. I'm pretty darn happy with the results:


I think that macro photography makes me calm down and focus more. I need to really pay attention to composition to even get what I want in the frame. Slowing down like that also helps with things like lighting etc. Like I said in my first post, if I can avoid rushing when I'm amped about something, I think I'll get better results.

1 comment: